- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk (no buttermilk?-just put 2 tbs apple cider vinegar in a 2 cup measuring cup and add milk to make it 2 cups! Thank you Pioneer Woman!)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda. In a separate mixing bowl, blend egg buttermilk and melted butter together, and add all at once to the flour mixture. Mix just until moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.