Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Almost Thin Mints

I posted this on my blog but I know Lindy is going to want me to put it here. These are so delicious and will hold you over until the cookie sale comes around again. They do get a little messy to make but are really worth it. My 6 year old helped me make them with success..... Laurie
1 pkg of Ritz Crackers
1 pkg of milk chocolate chips
1 pkg of dark chocolate chips
2 tsps Peppermint extract.
Melt the chocolate chips together in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Melt for another minute. Stir. Melt about another 20 seconds and stir.
Add peppermint extract.
Dip crackers, one at a time, in chocolate, coating completely. Use a plastic fork to lift out. Let excess chocolate drip back into bowl.
Set on foil or parchment lined cookie sheet, being careful not to let them touch each other.
Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set.
Makes about 36 cookies.

2 comments:

Lindy Leigh said...

Thanks Laurie...I want to try these next week :)

Pam said...

I've always wanted this recipe.