Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Whole Wheat, Oat, & Flax Waffles



I just created a YUMMY healthy waffle recipe. I took the sugar, white flour and fat out. Even my picky eater loved the waffle.

1.5 cups whole wheat flour (I ground whole white wheat in my Vitamix)
1.5 cups oat flour (I ground whole oats in my Vitamix as well)
1/2 teaspoon stevia (instead of sugar)
6 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
2 whole eggs
3 egg whites
1.5 cups plain almond milk
1.5 cups non-fat milk
12 tablespoons milled flax seed (instead of fat like butter or oil)

Grind the wheat and then measure. Grind the oats separately and then measure. Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Cook in waffle iron as directed. I imagine you could use all non-fat milk or almond milk if you prefer one to the other, but I used half of each (just make sure it equals 3 cups total)

No comments: